25 July 2010

A photo i wished you had kept.

I looked, just looked
at no one,
at nothing in particular
just simply looked.

I stared out into the crowd of life,
there strings of emotions tying knots,
of happiness, of joy, and of love.
i wanted that.

but my emotions sat all by themselves,
alone as i was,
the ends of their strings flat and frayed
...alone.

I couldn't the fact that my hand was not being held,
that there was no whisper n my ear...
telling me that it was all right
that there was no shoulder to lean on
and no smile to make me feel happy
that your arms would never wrap around me
...when i needed them the most
'your arms'...you i don't even know who you are,
i wished i did
and i wished you knew me...

but you will never notice me...

I stopped looking
 and bent my head,
then i cried,
inside,
so you could never see.

No comments:

Post a Comment