12 May 2011

This one moment.

Today i wished that i could fly,
really high into the sky,
Where no one could ever find me,
unless i wanted them too.
There i would be alone with my thoughts,
creating a world with my mind,
dreaming one day that you too would fly.

Today, i was running though the forest trees,
my wings folded gently behind my back.
They open in a flurry and my feet kick off the ground.
I look behind me but you are long gone.

Today, down i go, my wings are broken
 i fall to the ground.
You are watching,
did i see you frown?
I try to stand again and jump into the sky,
screaming 'why can't i fly'

Then you come out from behind me
 and whisper in my ear,
I hear the beat of your wings drawing near.
"We will try to fly,
and if you fall,
I will catch you."

No comments:

Post a Comment