17 December 2009

I saw him in my dreams



I saw him in my dreams,
as my eyelids fell shut,
and i stepped into a world,
a world i didn't trust.

A stranger in this world i was,
as i walked through the darkness,
crying out so hopefully,
for a light within the darkness.

Then, as the forest cleared,
and i saw the moon in full,
there standing on the hilltop,
was a boy, with eyes as bright as the stars above.

I then gasped in the cool night air,
and my legs began to shake,
as the boy smiled down to me,
his hand outstretched for me to take.

I stumbled forward, carelessly,
it didn't matter where i was,
because the boy was standing there,
ready to catch me as i fell.

He took my hand and held it,
as we both fell to the ground,
then he hugged me tight,
as if protecting me from his world.

I looked at our hands together creating a soft yellow glow,
then turned my gaze to him,
and whispered
'Please never let go.'

Then tears began to fall down my cheeks,
as he turned to me and replied,
with three words that had me crying for weeks, the words
'I love you.'

Then suddenly i was torn from him,
as the darkness flooded around me,
and i was pulled back into the cruel world,
called reality.

Yes i saw him in my dreams that night,
the tears still sting my eyes,
and my heart will never heal,
because this world is full of lies.

2 comments:

  1. Babe.
    It is coming along well.
    Your structure is good, try and read each sentence in a verse out loud, to make sure they are all the same length, otherwise it will throw off the rhythm of the piece.
    Keep tweaking it, overall I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i did write it in like ten miutes..and then had to go....so hats probaly why its a bit choppy....but i kinda like the choppyness...all my poems are sorta like that
    but thanks for the tip....
    luv ya

    ReplyDelete